Saturday, August 16, 2008

Ode to Firefox

Firefox 3 Only a few years late to the party, I jumped ship from IE to Firefox when 3.0 was released, and now I'm willing to name my first-born Mozilla (Moe for short).

Having been using browsers for over 15 years now (back to Netscape Navigator on X-Windows), Firefox wasn't unknown to me. But as a religious user of IE7 and Opera as my alternative browser, Firefox 1.x didn't call to me. Then I heard about memory leakage problems with Firefox 2, so it wasn't until the latest generation that I decided to make the leap.

Boy, what I was missing! The killer feature for me is the add-on system, and I've racked up a healthy number of them, which I'll share here over time. Aside from the occasional compatiblity problems, it's my main brower now since Firefox combines the performance of Opera with the mainstream appeal of a browser like IE.

If it gets any better, I might just have to really write some poetry about it. :)

No comments: